- 2 large eggplants, ends trimmed, sliced into 1/3-inch-thick rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced lengthwise into 8 pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced lengthwise into 8 pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced lengthwise into 8 pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced lengthwise into 8 pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled (3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram, oregano, or basil, or a combination
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
Place the eggplant slices on a wire rack and sprinkle them lightly with salt on both sides. Set the rack aside until the eggplant begins to "sweat," usually 15 to 20 minutes. Blot the eggplant dry with clean paper towels.
Arrange the eggplant and all the bell pepper slices on a large baking sheet, and brush both sides of all the pieces with the olive oil. Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Transfer the eggplant and peppers to the grill, in batches if necessary, and cook, turning them occasionally to promote even browning, until they are softened and nicely marked, 15 to 20 minutes.
Transfer the grilled eggplant slices to a large platter, and top them with the pepper strips. Garnish with the crumbled feta and minced marjoram. Drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice, and serve either warm or at room temperature.
Pasta Salad with Arugula Pesto, Grilled Chicken Breasts, and Feta
Grilled Vegetable And Goat Cheese Sandwich
Sausage, Onion And Bell Pepper Brochettes With Grilled Kicked Up Polenta Squares
Grilled Banana Splits with Hot Fudge and Rum Caramel Sauce
Grilled Fish Tacos with a Roasted Chile and Avocado Salsa
Grilled Tomato and Red Bell Pepper Soup with Grilled Pancetta
Spinach and Feta Tarts
Egglant, Tomato And Feta Cheese Napoleons
Brussels Sprouts With Garlic, Nuts And Brown Butter
Beet and Feta Salad with Honey-Herb Vinaigrette and Pistachios