- 2 large eggplants, ends trimmed, sliced into 1/3-inch-thick rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced lengthwise into 8 pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced lengthwise into 8 pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced lengthwise into 8 pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced lengthwise into 8 pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled (3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram, oregano, or basil, or a combination
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Place the eggplant slices on a wire rack and sprinkle them lightly with salt on both sides. Set the rack aside until the eggplant begins to "sweat," usually 15 to 20 minutes. Blot the eggplant dry with clean paper towels.
- Arrange the eggplant and all the bell pepper slices on a large baking sheet, and brush both sides of all the pieces with the olive oil. Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Transfer the eggplant and peppers to the grill, in batches if necessary, and cook, turning them occasionally to promote even browning, until they are softened and nicely marked, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer the grilled eggplant slices to a large platter, and top them with the pepper strips. Garnish with the crumbled feta and minced marjoram. Drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice, and serve either warm or at room temperature.
Grilled Banana Splits With Hot Fudge And Rum Caramel Sauce
Grilled Fish Tacos with a Roasted Chile and Avocado Salsa
Grilled Corn With Cheese And Chile
Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone and Honey
Home-ground Burgers With Bacon, Cheese, And Fresh Thyme
Grilled Lobster Tails with a Ruby Red Grapefruit And Tarragon Vinaigrette
Fresh Eggplant And Roasted Red Pepper Panini
Grilled Smashed Potatoes
Grilled Sweet Potato Salad
Grilled Garlic Bread