- 1 pound eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices to equal 12 slices
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade fresh basil leaves
- 3 large tomatoes, stems removed, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices, to equal 12 slices
- Pesto Oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss the eggplant with 4 tablespoons of the olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to coat. Place on a baking sheet in 1 layer and bake for 15 minutes, turning once. Cool on the sheet pan.
- In a small bowl combine the cheese, basil, and remaining tablespoon olive oil.
- Place 1 eggplant slice on a salad plate. Top with 1 tablespoon of the cheese, then 1 slice of tomato. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of pesto oil over the tomato, then another tablespoon of cheese. Top with another eggplant slice, and continue assembling, with 3 eggplant slices per napoleon, and ending with a cheese layer on top drizzled with pesto oil. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve at room temperature.
Eggplant, Tomato, And Feta Cheese Napoleons
Crabmeat And Baby Asparagus Napoleons
Potato And Wild Mushroom Napoleons
Smoked Salmon Napoleons
Raspberry And Dried Pear Napoleons
Linguica Crusted Redfish With A Portuguese Olive-tomato Sauce, Fried Calamari And Feta Cheese
Yarithes Yiouvetsi (roasted Prawns With Fresh Tomatoes And Feta Cheese)
Cheese Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With Grilled Tomato Basil Coulis, And Grilled Green Onions
Bulgur, Herb, And Feta Stuffed Cornish Hens
Lamb And Feta Cheese Lasagna