- 4 Portobello mushroom caps, gills removed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mixed green queen olives and black ripe olives, sliced (or your favorite olive)
- Garlic-Basil Mayo
- 8 tablespoons Balsamic Onions
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 4 hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls
Preheat a grill to medium-high.
Drizzle the olive oil on both sides of the mushroom caps and season with the salt and pepper. Transfer the mushrooms to the grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until tender.
Assemble the burgers by spreading 2 teaspoons of the Garlic-Basil Mayo on the bottom half of the buns. Arrange one quarter of the avocado slices on each bottom bun and then add the roasted red peppers and olives. Place the mushroom caps on top of the olives. Spread 2 tablespoons of the Balsamic Onions on top of each mushroom. Arrange 1/4 cup of the baby spinach on top of the Balsamic Onions. Place the bun tops on each burger. Serve immediately.
Three Cheese Veggie Sandwich
Home-Ground Burgers with Bacon, Cheese, and Fresh Thyme
Burgers With Bacon And Cheese
Grilled Vegetable And Goat Cheese Sandwich
Eggplant And Peppers With Feta
Kicked-Up Grilled Ham and Cheese with a Warm Roasted Tomato Salad
Fried Oyster Po'boy With Jalapeño Mayonnaise And Avocado
Kale And Chickpea Stew
Delmonico's Steak Sandwich
Grilled Pennsylvania Chicken Breast Sandwich