- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey, preferable 85/15 blend, or a mix of ground breast and thigh meat
- 2/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence or Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375° F.
Place the turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add the onion, bell pepper, breadcrumbs, celery, egg, 1 tablespoon of the ketchup, the garlic, Essence, salt, and pepper. Mix gently but thoroughly until the ingredients are well combined. Transfer the turkey mixture to a 1-pound loaf pan, and form it into a domed loaf shape.
Place the remaining ketchup in a small bowl, and stir in the hot sauce. Spoon the ketchup mixture evenly over the meatloaf, spreading it with the back of a spoon.
Bake until the meatloaf is browned on top, cooked through, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 165° F, 45 to 50 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and let the meatloaf rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Emeril's Shrimp and Pasta with Garlic, Lemon, Crushed Red Pepper, and Green Onions
New York Strip With Beurre Maître D’hôtel
Emeril's Late-night Parfaits
Braised Chicken Thighs
Brazilian Fish Stew
Better Than Mama's Chili Mac
Kicked-Up Sausage Macaroni and Cheese
Pressed Roast Turkey, Pesto, and Provolone Sandwiches
Roast Pork Loin with Rosemary