- 1/2 Hass avocado, peeled,pit removed
- 2 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, and seeded
- 1 jalapeño, roasted, peeled, and seeded
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 pound amberjack fillet
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 8 fresh white or yellow corn tortillas, warmed according to package directions or grilled briefly to heat through
- 4 slices ripe tomato, cut in half
- 2 limes, halved
- In a blender, combine the avocado half with the roasted poblano and jalapeño chiles, the 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup of the chopped onion, 1/4 cup of the cilantro leaves, the lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon of the kosher salt, and the water. Puree until smooth, and set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium, or preheat a cast-iron grill pan over medium heat.
- Season the amberjack with the remaining 1 teaspoon kosher salt and the white pepper. Rub the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over both sides of the fish, and place the fish on the grill. Grill until the fish is just cooked through and flakes easily, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove the fish from the grill, and use a fork to break it into flakes or small chunks.
- To assemble the tacos, divide the fish evenly among the tortillas. Place 1 tablespoon of the remaining chopped onion and 1 tablespoon of the remaining cilantro leaves over each portion of fish. Place a half tomato slice over each, and drizzle with some of the avocado salsa. Squeeze some lime juice over the tacos, fold the tortilla sides together, and serve immediately.
Fish Tacos With Chipotle Crema And Roasted Tomato Salsa
Southwestern Turkey Sliders
Grilled Vietnamese-style Chicken Wings
Spicy Sausage, Bean And Cheese Nachos
Yellowfin Tuna With Grilled Pineapple Salsa
Chili-rubbed Shrimp Wraps
Grilled Corn With Cheese And Chile
Barbecued Beef Brisket
Fish Tacos With Chipotle Crema And Salsa Fresca
Grilled Crawfish Stuffed Chiles Rellenos With Salsa And Sour Cream