- About 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons canola or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cane syrup (we recommend Steen’s)
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine the sweet potatoes with the oil and salt in a mixing bowl, and toss to coat well. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and arrange them in a single layer. Transfer to the oven and cook until they begin to caramelize and soften, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all the remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Transfer the potatoes to a casserole dish. Pour the syrup mixture over them, and using a spatula, toss to coat well. Return the casserole to the oven and continue to cook, carefully stirring once, until the potatoes are caramelized and tender, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Caramelized Onions and Potatoes au Gratin
Orange Cranberry Sauce
Pumpkin Custard Pie
Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Braised Apples, Roasted Acorn Squash, And Fresh Thyme
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Andouille Cornbread Dressing
Outstanding Rib Roast With Gremolata
Fried Chicken and Buttermilk Waffles with Black Pepper Maple Syrup and Vanilla Butter
Honey-Butter Baked Chicken with Mashed Sweet Potatoes