- 1/2 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Flour, for dusting work surface
- 1 (8-ounce) round brie cheese, halved crosswise
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Pear slices, for serving
- Assorted crackers, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold the puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough out slightly to smooth out any folds.
- Place the bottom half of the brie round, cut side up in the center of the pastry. Gently pack the sugar on top of the brie and arrange walnuts on top of the sugar. Top with the remaining brie half, (cut side down). Trim the puff pastry so that there is only a 2-inch border around the brie. Reserve excess pastry trimmings for decoration, if desired. Brush the edges of the puff pastry with the egg wash and fold the pastry around the brie. Place the brie, seam side down, onto the prepared baking sheet. Use desired shape cookie cutter to cut designs from the excess pastry, if desired. Place on top of the brie and brush again with the egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden. Allow brie to stand for 3 minutes before serving with pear slices and assorted crackers.
Apple Tart Tatin With Homeade Puff Pastry
Apple Tart Tatin With Homemade Puff Pastry
Scallop And Truffle Mille-feuille With Meyer Lemon Creme Fraiche And Truffle Vinaigrette
Stuffed Chicken Legs In Puff Pastry With Andouille Cream
Canape Of Maytag Blue Cheese And Roasted Walnuts With A Caramelized Onion And Apple Relish
Bacon Pancakes With Walnut Butter And Caramelized Onions
Blue Cheese Polenta Cakes With Arugula, Caramelized Onions And Walnuts
Apricot And Peach Galette With Walnut Paste And CrÃ‰me Fraiche
Banana Cream Pie with Caramel Drizzles and Chocolate Sauce
Homemade Puff Pastry