- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 slices brioche or other sweet light bread
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced in 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 cup raisins soaked in rum for one hour
- 1/2 pint heavy cream, whipped
- In a large bowl combine the cream, eggs, vanilla and almond extracts and mix well. In a smaller bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Dip the slices of brioche in the cream mixture and use half the cinnamon sugar to sprinkle both sides.
- Melt half the butter in a large frying pan. When the butter is hot, add as many pieces of bread as will fit easily in the pan and cook on each side until golden brown.
- Heat the remaining butter in another frying pan. Sprinkle the bananas with the cinnamon sugar, add them to the pan and cook until the bananas are caramelized.
- Place 2 slices of French toast on each plate and pour the bananas and raisins over them. Top with whipped cream. Dig In!
Banana's Foster Filling For Crepes
Sauteed Crab With Lemon And Capers
Johnny Carino's Fish Tacos
John Demers' Grilled Snapper Tacos With Muscat Canelli Peach Salsa
Vine Smoked Herbed Chicken Breasts
Shrimp And Crabmeat Stuffed Mirlitons
Chanterelles On Toast
Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Biscuits
Chocolate Mint And Raspberry Tisane