- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 slices brioche or other sweet light bread
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced in 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 cup raisins soaked in rum for one hour
- 1/2 pint heavy cream, whipped
- In a large bowl combine the cream, eggs, vanilla and almond extracts and mix well. In a smaller bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Dip the slices of brioche in the cream mixture and use half the cinnamon sugar to sprinkle both sides.
- Melt half the butter in a large frying pan. When the butter is hot, add as many pieces of bread as will fit easily in the pan and cook on each side until golden brown.
- Heat the remaining butter in another frying pan. Sprinkle the bananas with the cinnamon sugar, add them to the pan and cook until the bananas are caramelized.
- Place 2 slices of French toast on each plate and pour the bananas and raisins over them. Top with whipped cream. Dig In!