- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, base and outer leaves trimmed, and halved
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil and add the Brussels sprouts. Cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
Working in two batches melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat in a large saucepan. Add half the shallots and half the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add half the sprouts in a single layer and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes, stirring as needed. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper. Remove from the pan and set aside. Repeat with 3 more tablespoons of butter and the remaining shallots, garlic, Brussels sprouts, salt and pepper.
Melt the remaining 6 tablespoons butter in the pan and continue to cook until golden brown. Add the walnuts, cook for 30 seconds, then add the lemon juice. Swirl the pan to combine the lemon juice with the browned butter. Add all the Brussels sprouts to the pan and continue, stirring as needed to cook until warmed through. Season with more salt and pepper as needed.
Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutty Buttery Green Beans
Warm Greens With Emeril's Herb Vinaigrette
Grilled Mixed Vegetables
Jeremy's Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Emeril's Fried Turkey
The Perfect Bird (aka Pepper-stuffed Turkey)
Walnut Tart With Chocolate Drizzles
Roasted Garlic Custards With Seared Shrimp And Green Onion Coulis