- 4 boneless rib eye steaks, each 1 inch thick (10 ounces each)
- 5 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups sliced assorted fresh wild mushrooms, such as shiitakes, chanterelles, oysters, or black trumpet mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut up
Sprinkle each steak all over with 1 teaspoon of the Essence. Pound in once or twice with the side of a heavy knife or the palm of your hand.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is very hot, add the steaks and sear them on the first side for about 4 minutes. Turn the steaks and sear the second side for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, onions, green onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and the remaining 1 teaspoon Essence and cook for 2 minutes.
Turn the steaks back to the first side, dot with the butter pats, cover the skillet, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
To serve, place 1 steak on each of 4 plates and cover each with 3/4 cup mushrooms and their juices.
Chocolate Chip Pie With Bourbon Cream
Double Chili Cheeseburger with Griddled Onions
Marinated and Grilled London Broil with Emeril's Homemade Steak Sauce
Smoked Sausage Sandwiches with Beer-Braised Onions
Dad's Meat Loaf
Oven-Barbecued Baby Back Ribs
Backyard Barbecued Chicken with Homemade BBQ Sauce
Grilled Flat-Iron Steak with Avocado, Tomato, and Red Onion Salad
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onion Coulis