- 4 boneless rib eye steaks, each 1 inch thick (10 ounces each)
- 5 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence 
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups sliced assorted fresh wild mushrooms, such as shiitakes, chanterelles, oysters, or black trumpet mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut up
- Sprinkle each steak all over with 1 teaspoon of the Essence. Pound in once or twice with the side of a heavy knife or the palm of your hand.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is very hot, add the steaks and sear them on the first side for about 4 minutes. Turn the steaks and sear the second side for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, onions, green onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and the remaining 1 teaspoon Essence and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn the steaks back to the first side, dot with the butter pats, cover the skillet, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, place 1 steak on each of 4 plates and cover each with 3/4 cup mushrooms and their juices.