- 3 cups Tomato Corn Tartar Sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 6 ounces (2/3 cup) fish, such as drum, catfish, wahoo, scrod, bass, or crawfish tails, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/8 teaspoons Emerilís Creole Seasoning
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 cups vegetable oil
- Prepare the Tomato Corn Tartar Sauce, and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs until frothy. Sprinkle the fish with 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning, and add to the eggs. Stir in the bell peppers, green onions, garlic, salt, flour, baking powder, and milk, and stir until the consistency of wet dough. Makes about 2 cups.
- Heat the oil in a large deep saucepan. When the oil is very hot (375?F), drop in about half the beignet mixture by large spoonfuls and fry until golden brown and crispy, for about 3 minutes. (Do this in 2 batches to avoid overcrowding.) Drain the beignets on paper towels, and sprinkle them with 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning.
- To serve, place 3/4 cup of the sauce on each of 4 dinner plates, and place 5 or 6 beignets on top. Using your fingers, sprinkle the beignets and the rims of the plates with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon Creole Seasoning.
Gulf Fish Beignets With Grilled Corn And Tomato Tartar Sauce
Crawfish Beignets With Tomato And Corn Tartar Sauce
Tomato Corn Tartar Sauce
Crab And Corn Pies With Corn Crab Sauce
Fried Oysters With Horseradish Cream And Tomato Corn Salsa
Andouille Gnocchi With Spicy Tomato Sauce
Roasted Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce And Warm Frisee Corn Salad
Sauteed Scallops With Saffron Corn Sauce
Southwest Cowboy Steak With Skillet Corn Sauce And Tortillas
Corn Flaps With Chive Cream And Caviar