- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes (1/2-inch thick)
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cloves lightly roasted garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a medium saucepan, combine the potatoes, water, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook until tender, for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain in a colander.
- Place the potatoes back in the pot over medium heat, add the cream, roasted garlic, the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and the white pepper and mash vigorously with a potato masher until fairly smooth, for about 4 minutes. Whisk in the butter and remove from the heat. Serve immediately.
- Note: Preheat the oven to 400?F. Combine 24 peeled shallots and /or garlic cloves with 1 teaspoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt, and 5 turns freshly ground black pepper on a sheet of aluminum foil. Fold the edges of the foil together to form a bag and roast until tender, for about 40 minutes. Use immediately, or refrigerate in a little olive oil in an airtight container for 2 or 3 days.
Paneed Chicken With Creamed Garlic Potatoes And Braised Kale
Curry Crusted Lamb Chops With Garlic Wine Sauce And Potato Shallot Custards
Tamarind Glazed Pork Chops With Mole Cream And Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Potato Shallot Custards
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Rosemary Potato Crisps
Garlic Soup With Creole Croutons
Garlic Wine Sauce
Portuguese Chorizo Clam Stew With Garlic Aioli