- 1/4 pound (1 stick) plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 2 medium-size ripe bananas, peeled and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 cups pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups bleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup ground pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large egg whites
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium-size sauté pan over medium heat. Add the pecan pieces and cook, stirring, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the banana slices and syrup and bring to a simmer. Set aside and keep warm.
- Combine the flour, ground pecans, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium-size mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks and vanilla together slightly. Beat the milk and the 1 stick of melted butter into the egg mixture. Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Stir until combined yet still slightly lumpy. In a small mixing bowl beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently form into the batter, leaving little fluffs.
- If using a Belgian waffle iron, pour 1 cup of the batter onto the grids of a preheated and lightly greased waffle iron. (Regular waffle irons will take only about 1/2 cup.) Close the lid. Do not open during cooking time. For the Belgian waffle iron, cook until golden and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Smaller waffle irons will take 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with the pecan and banana syrup.
Pecan Waffles With Roasted Pecan And Banana Syrup
Country Ham And Cheddar Omelet
Go Nuts For Banana Bread
Grilled Banana Splits With Hot Fudge And Rum Caramel Sauce
Herbed Pan Roast Of Salmon With Warm Greens And Herb Vinaigrette
Scalloped Potatoes And Onions
Sweet Potato And Pecan Pie
White Chocolate-macadamia Nut Blondies
Pecan Pancakes With Boar Sausage Patties And Maple Syrup
Chocolate Waffles With A Fresh Raspberry Syrup