- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 2 ounces chocolate curls
- In a nonreactive saucepan, combine 2 cups milk and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil to dissolve the sugar, then reduce the heat to a medium-low. Whisk in the chocolate pieces and whisk until the chocolate is completely melted. In a small bowl, whisk the yolks together.
- Temper the yolks into the chocolate mixture. In another small bowl, whisk the remaining milk and cornstarch together for a slurry. Slowly add the slurry into the hot chocolate mixture and mix well to blend. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and butter.
- Pour the pudding into a glass bowl. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming. Place the pudding in the refrigerator and chill for about 2 hours. Whisk the pudding until light and fluffy. Pour the pudding into 4 wine glasses and place in the refrigerator. Top each pudding with the whipped cream and garnish with chocolate shavings.
Old Fashioned Chocolate Pudding
Old Fashioned Double Chocolate Fudge
Old Fashion Milk Chocolate Fudge
Old-fashioned New York-style Cheesecake With Berry Coulis
Old Fashioned Shirred Eggs
Old Fashion Smoked Duck Stew
Creole Spiced Shrimp With Old Fashioned Remoulade
Old Fashioned Sweet Green Tomato Pie With Sweet Pie Crust
Old-fashioned Apple Pie