- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cane syrup or molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into
- 1/4-inch-thick slices on a mandoline
- 2 1/2 cups mini-marshmallows
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, and roughly chopped (see note)
- In a small saucepan, combine the 8 tablespoons butter, brown sugar, heavy cream, cane syrup, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and stir until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Shingle a single layer of sweet potatoes in the bottom of a multi-cooker bowl, and pour 1/4 cup of the butter-sugar mixture on top. Continue to shingle layers of the potatoes and the sugar mixture until you have used it all. Close the lid of the multi-cooker, set it to the “steam” program, and cook for 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, and when it has melted, add the marshmallows and cook over low heat until melted. Add the pecans and toss well.
- Allow the potatoes to cool slightly. Remove the bowl of the multi-cooker from the machine. Invert a plate or platter over the top of the bowl, and carefully but quickly invert the bowl and plate together. The candied sweet potatoes should come out in one piece onto the plate, resembling a potato galette. Pour the marshmallow-pecan mixture over the top of the sweet potatoes, and serve immediately.
- Note: Note : Whole nuts or halves are best for toasting and can be chopped easily once they have cooled.
- Source: cooking with power
Slow-Cooked Potatoes with Mushrooms and Ham
Boudin Balls with Creole Mustard Dipping Sauce
Tamarind Glazed Pork Chops With Mole Cream And Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Cider Glazed Sweet Potatoes With Cranberries
Mashed Potato Candy
Rustic Tomato Soup With Basil Oil And Croustades
Pork Wellington With Onion Applesauce And Candied Butternut Squash
Sweet Molasses Ham With Roasted Molasses Sweet Potatoes
Creole Mustard Dipping Sauce
Natchitoches Meat Pies