- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme or lemon-thyme leaves
- 4 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest (from about 4 lemons) plus 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup lemon vodka
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 36 oysters
- 2 jalapenos, thinly sliced on mandoline, for garnish
- Place sugar, thyme, and zest in a food processor or blender and pulse until thyme is finely ground, about 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and add pepper, 2 cups water, lemon juice, vodka, and salt and whisk to combine. Let mixture stand until sugar and salt have dissolved, stirring occasionally, up to 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch square metal baking pan and place it in the freezer. Stir mixture, pulling a fork back and forth through it, every 45 minutes or so for 4 hours or until frozen. The mixture will become fluffy and icy.
- Shuck oysters and serve with small scoops of granita spooned on top. Garnish with a slice of jalapeno.
Classic Mignonette For Oysters On The Half Shell
Kicked-up Cocktail Sauce For Raw Oysters
Emeril's Favorite Linguine With Clams
Classic Moules Marinieres With Pommes Frites
Chicken-fried Steaks And Oysters With Cream Gravy
Fresh Melon And Vodka Granita With Oysters And Caviar
Oysters On The Half Shell With Shallot White Pepper Mignonette
Broccoli And Cheese Soup
Fettuccine With Peas And Bacon