- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pounds (about 4 dozen) live mussels, well scrubbed, rinsed, and debearded
- Pommes Frites, for serving
- Warm crusty bread, for serving
In a large deep saute pan or a large wide saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shallots, garlic, and herbs and cook, stirring, until shallots are soft and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine, heavy cream, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil.
Add mussels, cover pan, and cook, shaking pan occasionally, until mussels have opened, 5 to 6 minutes.
Remove pan from heat and discard any mussels that have not opened. Transfer mussels and liquid to a large, deep serving bowl and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately with warm crusty bread and Pommes Frites for dipping.
Lemon Pepper Vodka Granita For Oysters On The Half Shell
Classic Mignonette For Oysters On The Half Shell
Kicked-up Cocktail Sauce For Raw Oysters
Baked Oysters with Braised Leeks and Tasso Hollandaise
Emeril's Favorite Linguine With Clams
Seared Tri-tip Steak With Bearnaise Sauce And Pommes Frites