- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pounds (about 4 dozen) live mussels, well scrubbed, rinsed, and debearded
- Pommes Frites, for serving
- Warm crusty bread, for serving
- In a large deep saute pan or a large wide saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shallots, garlic, and herbs and cook, stirring, until shallots are soft and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine, heavy cream, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Add mussels, cover pan, and cook, shaking pan occasionally, until mussels have opened, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and discard any mussels that have not opened. Transfer mussels and liquid to a large, deep serving bowl and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately with warm crusty bread and Pommes Frites for dipping.
Classic Mignonette For Oysters On The Half Shell
Seared Tri-tip Steak With Bearnaise Sauce And Pommes Frites
Lemon Pepper Vodka Granita For Oysters On The Half Shell
Kicked-up Cocktail Sauce For Raw Oysters
Emeril's Favorite Linguine With Clams
Classic Lyonnaise Potatoes
Classic Moules Mariniere
Salmon With Quinoa Mix, Sautéed Kale And Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette