- 6 large russet or Kennebec potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-by-1/4-inch-thick batons
- 2 quarts peanut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Emeril's Original Essence, to taste
- Rinse cut potatoes in a large bowl with lots of cold running water until water becomes clear. Cover with water by 1 inch and cover with ice. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day.
- In a deep fryer, heat oil to 325 degrees. (Be sure not to fill the oil beyond the maximum fill line.)
- Drain ice water from potatoes and wrap potatoes in a clean dishcloth or tea towel and thoroughly pat dry. Add potatoes, a handful at a time, to hot oil. Fry, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are soft and limp and begin to turn a blond color, about 6 to 8 minutes. Use basket to carefully remove fries from oil and set aside to drain on paper towels. Let rest for at least 10 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- When ready to serve fries, reheat oil to 350 degrees. Transfer blanched potatoes to hot oil and fry again, stirring frequently, until golden brown and puffed, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to paper-lined platter and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Essence, to taste. Serve immediately.
Classic Moules Marinieres With Pommes Frites
Lemon Pepper Vodka Granita For Oysters On The Half Shell
Classic Mignonette For Oysters On The Half Shell
Kicked-up Cocktail Sauce For Raw Oysters
Seared Tri-tip Steak With Bearnaise Sauce And Pommes Frites
Emeril's Favorite Linguine With Clams
Chicken-fried Steaks And Oysters With Cream Gravy
Steamed Mussels With Pommes Frites
Banana Cream Pie with Caramel Drizzles and Chocolate Sauce