- 2 pounds ground turkey, preferably a blend of thigh and breast meat
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced green onion, white and green parts
- 1 or 2 serrano chiles, to taste, minced
- 2 egg whites, whisked
- 11/2 tablespoons Emeril’s Southwest Essence spice blend
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 mini burger buns or small soft dinner rolls, warmed
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 12 small lettuce leaves
- 12 slices tomato
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Mustard (optional)
- Ketchup (optional)
Preheat a grill to medium-high.
In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey with the minced red onion, green onion, chile, egg whites, Southwest Essence, cumin, and Worcestershire. Mix gently but thoroughly. Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions, and using your hands, shape them into 12 small burgers, each about 3 1/2 inches wide.
Place the burgers on the grill and cook until the turkey is just done and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 165°F, about 3 minutes per side.
Serve the burgers on the mini buns, topped with the cheese, lettuce, tomato, sliced red onion, and avocado. Garnish with mayonnaise, mustard, and ketchup to your liking.
Grilled Garlic Bread
Home-Ground Burgers with Bacon, Cheese, and Fresh Thyme
Burgers With Bacon And Cheese
Grilled Fish Tacos with a Roasted Chile and Avocado Salsa
Turkey Burgers With Cilantro Mayonnaise
Emeril’s Slow-Cooked Bam-B-Q Baked Beans
Bacon Potato Salad
Baby Bam Burgers
Grilled Pennsylvania Chicken Breast Sandwich
The Veggie-Portobello Burger