Carne Asada Mini Tortillas
- 1 (1 3/4- to 2-pound) skirt steak
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup queso fresco
- Lime wedges
- Twelve 3-inch mini tortillas
Brazilian Vinaigrette Salsa
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup 1/4-inch-diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup poblano pepper, seeds and stem removed and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup yellow pepper, seeds and stem removed and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon chopped mixed herbs such as oregano, mint, cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning
For the Carne Asada Mini Tortillas:
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
Season steak with olive oil, salt and pepper and Essence. Set the steak on the hot grill. Cook for 4 minutes on the first side. Rotate the steak 45 degrees, and cook another 2 minutes. Turn the steak over and continue to cook until the steak is done, about 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare. Once cooked, lay the steak on a clean cutting board and allow it to rest for 5 to 7 minutes before slicing across the grain into 2-inch-wide strips.
For the Brazilian Vinaigrette Salsa:
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well to combine. Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour before serving.
To Assemble the Mini Tortillas
Warm the mini tortillas for 30 seconds on each side in a dry skillet or on the grill, until toasty.
To assemble, lay about 2 strips of beef down the center of tortilla and drizzle with Brazilian Vinaigrette Salsa.
Top each taco with a sprinkle of queso fresco and garnish with lime wedges. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Fish Tacos With Chipotle Crema And Roasted Tomato Salsa
Roasted Tomato Salsa
Sammy And Emeril’s Favorite Paella
Dessert Cinnamon Sugar Nachos With Dulce De Leche And Mexican Chocolate
Banana Cream Pie With Caramel Drizzles And Chocolate Sauce