Carne Asada Mini Tortillas
- 1 (1 3/4- to 2-pound) skirt steak
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup queso fresco
- Lime wedges
- Twelve 3-inch mini tortillas
Brazilian Vinaigrette Salsa
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and 1/4-inch-diced tomato
- 1/2 cup 1/4-inch-diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup 1/4-inch-diced green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Carne Asada Mini Tortillas:Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Season steak with olive oil, salt and pepper. Set the steak on the hot grill. Cook for 6 minutes on the first side. Rotate the steak 45 degrees, and cook another 6 minutes. Turn the steak over and continue to cook until the steak is done, about 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare. Once cooked, lay the steak on a clean cutting board and allow it to rest for 5 to 7 minutes before slicing across the grain into 2-inch-wide strips.
For the Brazilian Vinaigrette Salsa:Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well to combine. Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour before serving.
To Assemble the Mini TortillasWarm the mini tortillas for 30 seconds on each side in a dry skillet or on the grill, until toasty.
- To assemble, lay about 2 strips of beef down the center of tortilla and drizzle with Brazilian Vinaigrette Salsa.
- Top each taco with a sprinkle of queso fresco and garnish with lime wedges. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Source: The Emeril Lagasse Show: Episode 7 - Emeril's Kicked-Up Seafood Fiesta 
- Dish Type: Appetizer 
- Cuisine: Mexican 
- Occasion: Any