- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons melted and cooled butter
- 2 scant cups all purpose flour (spooned into the measuring cups)
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Honey-Butter for serving, recipe follows
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease the wells of a mini muffin pan with butter.
- Combine the eggs, oil, water, heavy cream, buttermilk, honey and butter in a mixing bowl, and whisk well. Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a separate mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined; do not overmix.
- Scoop the batter into well-greased mini muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees F until lightly golden and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool briefly, then brush with honey butter and sprinkle with sugar before serving.
- * Note: The mini muffin pan we used has 1 ½ tablespoon capacity wells. If your mini muffin pan has smaller or larger wells, your yield will vary and you will need to adjust the cooktime accordingly.
- Honey Butter
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened 3 tablespoons honey
- Combine the butter and honey in a small bowl and stir to blend. Brush onto warm muffins when they come out of the oven.