- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the milk, butter, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a slow boil over medium heat and cook until the butter is melted. Remove from the heat and add the flour all at once, stirring with a heavy spoon. Return the pan to medium-low heat and stir briskly until the mixture becomes a smooth paste and pulls away from the sides of the pan in a ball, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Stirring constantly with a heavy wooden spoon, add 4 of the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after the addition of each, and mix until smooth. Let the dough cool.
- Beat the remaining egg with the water in a small bowl to make an egg wash.
- Transfer the dough to a pastry bag fitted with a plain 3/4-inch tip and pipe out 16 ping-pong-ball-sized rounds onto the prepared sheet, about 2 inches apart. (Alternatively, spoon onto the baking sheet with a large spoon.) Lightly brush the egg wash on the tops and sides of the dough using a pastry brush and bake until doubled in size, 14 to 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 375 degrees F and bake until the balls are golden brown, firm to the touch, and hollow inside, 6 to 7 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the oven door ajar for 10 minutes for the puffs to dry.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut each profiterole in half and scoop out the doughy centers with a small spoon.
- To serve, fill the bottom halves with a small scoop (about 1-ounce) of the ice cream and cover with the tops. Place 2 to 4 profiteroles on each dessert plate and sift the confectioners' sugar over the profiteroles and decoratively onto the plates. Drizzle each profiterole with warm chocolate sauce and serve immediately.
Vanilla Ice Cream
Warm Chocolate Praline Tart With Caramel, Chocolate Sauce, And Vanilla Ice Cream
Creamed Potatoes With Spinach And Roasted Garlic
Emeril's Warm Peach Pancakes With Vanilla Bean Ice Cream And A Drizzle Of Warm Caramel Sauce
Bananas Foster Bread Pudding With Vanilla Ice Cream And Caramel Sauce
Chocolate, Chocolate Mousse Layer Cake With Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Chocolate, Chocolate Mousse Layer Cake†with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Mascerated Strawberries Over Chocolate Shortcakes And Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Maple Ice Cream With Candied Walnuts, And Nutty Chocolate Sauce