- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split in 1/2 lengthwise
- 6 large egg yolks
- Combine the cream, milk, sugar, and vanilla seeds and bean in a medium heavy saucepan and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat.
- Beat the egg yolks in a medium bowl until frothy and lemon colored, about 2 minutes. Whisk 1 cup of the hot cream into the egg yolks in a slow, steady stream. Gradually add the egg mixture to the hot cream, whisking constantly. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring, occasionally, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a clean bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it directly against the surface of the mixture to keep a skin from forming. Refrigerate until well chilled, about 2 hours.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.
Profiteroles With Vanilla Ice Cream And Chocolate Sauce
Creamed Potatoes With Spinach And Roasted Garlic
Homemade Vanilla Pizzelle Waffle Cones With Sour Cream Ice Cream
Vanilla Praline Ice Cream
Mascerated Strawberries Over Chocolate Shortcakes And Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Individual Plum Pies With Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Chocolate, Chocolate Mousse Layer Cake With Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Chocolate, Chocolate Mousse Layer Cake†with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Emeril's Warm Peach Pancakes With Vanilla Bean Ice Cream And A Drizzle Of Warm Caramel Sauce
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream