- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs (saltine or butter crackers)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Toast points, croutons, or assorted party crackers, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350ËšF.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, bell peppers, garlic, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 1 teaspoon of the Essence. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, parsley, green onions, lemon juice, and the remaining teaspoon salt and tablespoon Essence in a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and fold in the vegetables and crabmeat.
- Transfer the mixture to a 2-quart casserole. Combine the cracker crumbs with the melted butter and stir to blend. Spread the crumb mixture over the crabmeat mixture and bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled with toast points, croutons, or assorted party crackers.