- 2 cups sliced, hulled, fresh strawberries
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- MACERATED STRAWBERRIES:
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup granulated sugar, depending upon the sweetness of the berries, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan and set aside.
- Place the strawberries in a blender or food processor, and puree on high speed. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, and oil. Add the strawberries and whisk until well blended.
- Into a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Fold into the strawberry mixture, blending until moistened. Fold in the nuts, being careful not to overmix. Pour into the prepared pan and bake until a tester inserted into the middle comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Let sit for 10 minutes, then turn onto the wire rack to cool completely.
- For the Macerated Strawberries: In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir. Cover and let soak in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Using a large serrated knife, cut the cooled shortcake in half horizontally. Place the bottom half, cut side up on a decorative cake plate. Spread half of the macerated strawberries across the cake and top with the other cake half. Spread the whipped cream across the top piece and top with the remaining strawberries. Serve immediately.
Fresh House Made Guacamole
Floís Mango Shortcake With A Fresh Coconut Ice Cream
Chocolate Shortcakes With Fresh Berries And Cream
Strawberry And Blueberry Shortcake
Mascerated Strawberries Over Chocolate Shortcakes And Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Fresh Florida Orange Cake With Toasted Almond Ice Cream And Strawberry Compote
Chocolate Crepes With Fresh Strawberries
Apple Nut Muffins With Streusel Topping
Cane Syrup Pecan Bread Pudding with Espresso Creme Anglaise
Australian Pavlovas With Fresh Berries And Strawberry Puree