- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 large peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto liqueur, or Bourbon whiskey
- Basic Sweet Pie Crust
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the peaches and cook, stirring gently, for 1 minute. Add the sugar-flour mixture, and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and begins to boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the Amaretto. Let cool.
- Divide the pie dough in 2, one portion slightly larger then the other. Roll out the larger portion on a lightly floured surface to about 11 inches in diameter. Transfer to an 8-inch cast iron skillet or Dutch oven, fitting the dough up the sides, leaving a slight overhang. Roll out the remaining dough into a large rectangle and cut into 1-inch thick strips.
- Pour the peach mixture into the bottom dough. Working one strip at a time, create a lattice top crust by laying the strips across the top in 1 direction, then turn and lay across in the other, interweaving the strips, if desired. Roll up the overhanging bottom crust over the edges and pinch to seal. Crimp together around the pan. Brush the top with the cream and lightly sprinkle with the sugar. Bake until the crust is golden and the juices are bubbly, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
- Slice and serve with ice cream on top.
Wicked Peach Cobbler
Continental Breakfast Fresh Peach Muffins With A Pecan Crumb Topping
Blueberry Peach Cobbler
Rustic Fresh Blueberry And Peach Cobbler With An Oatmeal Crust
Roasted Peach Soup Garnished With Peach Sorbet And Butter Cookies
Fresh Peach Fried Pies With A Cinnamon Crust And Roasted Peach And Raspberry Ice Cream
Rhubarb And Strawberry Pie With† Almond Crumb Topping
Rhubarb And Apple Pie With Walnut Crumb Topping