- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup white cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Essence, plus more for seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 (6 to 8-ounce) catfish fillets
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Fried Pickles
- Combine the flour and 1 tablespoon of Essence in a shallow dish. In a second dish, combine the 2 cornmeals with the remaining Essence. In a third dish or bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and salt. Dredge the catfish 1 at a time first in the flour, then the eggwash, then the cornmeal, shaking to remove any excess.
- Heat about 1 cup of the oil in a large, deep castiron skillet.
- Fry the fish in batches and cook until golden brown on 1 side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until golden on the second side and completely cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season lightly with Essence. Add additional oil as needed and cook the remaining fish.
- Serve hot with the Fried Pickles.
Crispy Catfish And Black Eyed Peas, Bacon And Caramelized Onion Relish With Fried Collard Greens
Pan Fried Catfish With Tartar Sauce And Cornbread Salad
Pan Fried Pass Manchac Catfish With Spicy Tartar Sauce And Hush Puppies
Barbecued Pulled Pork Sandwiches With Homemade Bbq Sauce, Cole Slaw And Fried Pickles
Pan-fried Catfish With A Warm Andouille Potato Salad
Pan Fried Catfish With Andouille Smothered White Beans
Pan Fried Catfish
A Creole Fried Shrimp Salad With Vidalia Onions, A Classic Remoulade Dressing And Pickled Okra
Smoked Barbecue Ribs