- One 16-ounce jar sliced dill pickles
- 1 cup buttermilk (see Note, page 105)
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- or Emeril’s Original Essence,
- plus more for dusting
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- Drain the pickles in a colander, and then spread them on paper towels to drain completely.
- Combine the buttermilk and hot sauce in a small mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, and Creole Seasoning.
- Preheat the vegetable oil in a deep fryer to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- Working in batches, submerge the pickle slices in the buttermilk, and then dredge them in the flour mixture, tossing to coat evenly. Shake to remove any excess flour. Fry the pickles until they are golden brown and crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain briefly on the paper towels and serve hot or warm.
Fried Kicked-up Jalapeno Poppers
Natchitoches Meat Pies
Boudin Balls with Creole Mustard Dipping Sauce
Fried Oyster Po'boy With Jalapeño Mayonnaise And Avocado
The Ultimate Cheese Dip: Cheesy Beer
Emeril's Chicken Wings
Fried Chocolate Bananas
Fried Green Plantains With Shrimp Ceviche
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus With Sauteed Mushroooms
Baby Romaine Stuffed Vidalia Onion Ring Salad with Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette