- 1 boneless pork butt, about 4 pounds
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- Wet Mop Basting Sauce
- Barbecue Sauce
- 8 Hamburger buns
- Kicked Up Cole Slaw
- Fried Pickles
- Place the pork in a baking dish. In a bowl, combine the sugar, Essence, salt, cumin, paprika, pepper, and cayenne. Rub the seasoning evenly over the pork to coat. Cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat an oven or smoker to 225 degrees F.
- Bring the pork to room temperature and place in a roasting pan, fat side up. Slow cook in the oven, basting with the wet mop basting sauce every 45 minutes, until fork tender, about 7 to 8 hours. Remove the pork from the oven, cover with foil and let rest for 30 minutes.
- With a knife and fork or two forks, pull the meat apart into small slices or chunks. Toss with the some of the pan juices to keep the meat moist. Add barbecue sauce, to taste, or serve on the side. Divide the pulled pork among the hamburger buns. Top with the coleslaw or serve on the side with the fried pickles and additional Barbecue Sauce as desired.
Fried Oyster Poor Boys With Homemade Bbq Sauce And A Crunchy Blue Cheese Slaw
Cornmeal Crusted Redfish With A Spicy Red Bean Sauce, Grilled Green Onions Coulis, Homemade Andouille Sausage And Southern Style Hush Puppies
Backyard Barbecued Chicken With Homemade Bbq Sauce
Pan Roasted Squab With Cherry Balsamic Sauce, Fried Sweet Potato And Beet Nests, And Haricot Verts
Kicked Up Cole Slaw
Florida Grouper With Tomatillo Sauce, Florida Orango Mango Salsa, Lump Crabmeat Guacamole, And Fried Yucca Chips
Grilled Pork Cutlets With Homemade Bbq Sauce And Cilantro Potato Salad
Slow Cooked Pork Roast With Homemade Barbecue Sauce
Barbecued Pulled Pork
Grilled Rib Eyes With A Smithfield Ham Cole Slaw