- 2 pounds beets, washed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sliced, toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
In a large mixing bowl toss the beets with the olive oil and season with the salt and black pepper. Place on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a fork inserted into the beets comes out easily. Remove from the oven and set aside until cool.
When the beets have cooled, peel them and cut them into 1/4-inch half moons.
Place the beet slices in a large bowl and add the Vidalia onions, garlic, almonds, parsley and tarragon. Add the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, rice wine vinegar and salt and black pepper and toss well to coat all the ingredients evenly.
Enjoy salad at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Stack Salad Of Creole Tomatoes And Vidalia Onions With A Maytag Blue Cheese Dressing
Roasted Beet, Fennel, Mache and Gorgonzola Salad
Roasted Beet And Smoked Sturgeon Salad With Vodka Vinaigrette
A Melange Of Roasted Root Vegetables
Roasted Baby Beet Salad With Warm Goat Cheese And Frisee
Chilled Roasted Beet And Fennel Soup With Apple-mint Crema And Toasted Pistachios
Beet and Feta Salad with Honey-Herb Vinaigrette and Pistachios
Baby Romaine Stuffed Vidalia Onion Ring Salad with Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette
Arugula And Prosciutto Salad With Pears, Blue Cheese And Pecans
Whole Roasted Chicken Infused with Tangerines and Rosemary With A Tangerine Glaze