- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 pound fresh mussels, scrubbed
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, green part only
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked until tender
- 4 ounces freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup chiffonade fresh basil leaves
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the shallots and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, and sauté for 1 minute. Add the wine and cook for 3 minutes longer.Bring to a simmer add the mussels and season with salt and pepper.Cover and cook until the shells open, about 4 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook 2 minutes longer. Add the crabmeat and green onions. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Toss the pasta with the cheese and basil and ladle into the bottom of a serving bowl or individual bowls. Ladle the shellfish sauce on top of the pasta. Serve immediately.