- 1/2 roast duck, including the skin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups diced cooked pumpkin
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 3 cups Duck or Brown Chicken Stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 8 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 4 or 8 tablespoons coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Remove the duck skin and cut it into a julienne; youíll have about 1 cup. Render the skin in a large skillet over high heat, stir-frying until crisp and brown, for about 6 minutes. Remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Shred the duck meat from the bones; youíll have about 2 cups.
- Heat the oil in the same skillet with a bit of duck fat over high heat. Add the pumpkin, onions, garlic, and basil, and sautÈ for 1 minute. Stir in the rice and sautÈ, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the stock, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the butter. Simmer until the rice is tender and creamy, for about 18 minutes. Remove from the heat. Makes 8 cups.
- To serve, allow 2 cups risotto each for 4 main-course servings; 1 cup each for 8 first-course servings. Serve in bowls and sprinkle with cracklings, pumpkin seeds, and Parmesan.
Pumpkin Soup With Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Duck, Andouille, And Scallion Pancakes With Ginger Orange Sauce
Andouille Gnocchi With Spicy Tomato Sauce
Spicy Chicken Rellenos With Tequila Lime Sauce
Smoked Duck Mousse Profiteroles With Chile Pepper Glaze
Spicy Beef Empanadas With Fire Sauce And Cilantro Cream
Spicy Salt Cod Cakes With Fondue Piquante And Fava Bean Relish
Duck Roulades With Avocado, Pistachios, And Pistachio Armagnac Sauce
Smoked Duck Hash With Poached Eggs And Woodland Cream
Roasted Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce And Warm Frisee Corn Salad