- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped red bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 pound (1 cup) peeled crawfish tails
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Emerilís Creole Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups Crawfish Cream
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions, green and red peppers, and garlic and sautÈ for 30 seconds. Add the crawfish tails, 2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning, salt, Worcestershire, and hot pepper sauce, and sautÈ for 1 1/2 minutes, occasionally shaking the skillet. Remove from the heat and pour the contents of the skillet into a bowl.
To the crawfish mixture add the Parmesan, 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning, 1 egg, and 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs. Using your hands, divide the mixture into 4 equal parts, and shape into cakes approximately 3 inches across by 1/2 inch high.
In a small bowl combine the flour with 2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning. In another bowl whisk together the remaining egg with the milk. In a shallow bowl combine the remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs with the remaining 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning.
Prepare the Crawfish Cream
Heat the remaining 1/4 cup oil in a large clean skillet over high heat. Dip each crawfish cake into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then the bread crumbs. When the oil is hot, add the cakes and fry them until brown, for about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
To serve, place 1 crawfish cake on each of 4 plates and nap with 1/2 cup of the Crawfish Cream. Garnish with chopped green onions and Creole Seasoning.
Shrimp Stuffed Flounder With Sauce Piquante
Beignets with a Cafe Au Lait Creme Anglaise
Cafe Au Lait
Andouille Cheese Grits With Crawfish Sauce
Emeril's Boudin Sausage
Paneed Chicken with Creamed Garlic Potatoes and Braised Kale
Emeril's Classic Seafood Gumbo