- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound tasso or smoked sausage or ham, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- Essence to taste
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped fresh or canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Crystal Hot Sauce or the hot sauce of your choice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (green parts only)
- 4 grouper fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the tasso and cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the yellow onions and season with Essence. Add the crawfish and cook all, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, for 3 minutes more. Add the heavy cream, Worcestershire, and hot sauce and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cream thickens and reduces by one third, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the green onions. Season again with salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
Season the grouper with Essence. Heat the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, then add the fish and sear until the fillets are lightly golden and flake easily with a fork, 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove and drain on paper towels.
To serve, lay a fillet on each of the plates and divide the crawfish cream equally among the four plates.
Creamy Crawfish Dip
Crawfish Cakes With Crawfish Cream
Crawfish Stuffed Pork Chops With Crawfish Borderlaise Sauce
Chanterelle, Crabmeat, and Fettuccine with Lemon Butter Sauce
Andouille Cheese Grits Casserole
Crawfish Corn Maque Choux
Barbecued Salmon with Andouille and Potato Hash