- 1/4 pound blue cheese, crumbled, preferably Maytag Blue
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, chopped
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow onions
- 3/4 pound haricots verts (thin green beans), blanched in boiling salted water for 4 minutes, drained, and rinsed in cool water
- 8 filet mignons (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Creole Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Put the cheese, buttermilk, 1/8 teaspoon of the black pepper, the Worcestershire, and hot sauce in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
In a medium skillet, fry the bacon until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels and set the bacon aside for another use. Drain off most of the bacon grease, leaving 2 tablespoons in the skillet.
Add the onions, season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the haricots verts and toss to mix. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
Season the filets with the Creole seasoning. Heat the vegetable oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the filets and sear for about 4 minutes on each side. Spread 1 tablespoon of the blue cheese mixture on top of each filet and put in the oven. Roast for 8 minutes for medium-rare (130° to 140°F), 10 minutes for medium (145° to 150°F), or 12 minutes for well-done (155° to 160°F).
To serve, divide the haricots verts into 8 equal portions and arrange in the center of eight serving plates. Place the filets on top of the beans, spoon the pan juices over, and garnish with the parsley.
Chocolate Coeur A La Creme
Grilled Filet of Beef with Blue Cheese Glacage, Bacon and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes and a Drizzle of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Andouille Corn Dogs
Pork Sausage and Cheese Omelette
Spinach And Cheese Quiche
Ham And Cheese Bites
Warm Pimiento Cheese-stuffed Tomatoes
Mr. Johnís Veal Chops With Smoked Gouda Cheese Macaroni