- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds peaches, peeled, pitted, and coarsely chopped (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine the blueberries, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the butter in a small saucepan over high heat. Cook, stirring until a syrup forms, for 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Toss the peaches with the brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in a mixing bowl.
Spread the peach mixture in a 3-quart rectangular casserole dish. Spoon the blueberry mixture evenly over the peaches.
Mix the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the egg in a bowl and beat. Add the baking powder, flour, vanilla, and milk. Beat well with a wire whisk until the mixture is smooth and resembles a cake batter. Pour this mixture evenly over the blueberries.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm with ice cream.