- 1 cup fresh white bread (such as ciabatta), crust removed and cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 slices apple bacon, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped, or 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped, or 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 ounces assorted mushrooms, sliced (such as shiitake and oyster, about 2 cups)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- In a small bowl, soak bread cubes in milk.
- In a sautÈ pan, sautÈ bacon over medium-high heat until crisp and all fat is rendered. Add onion, celery, and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until mushrooms have released their liquid and are soft, about 4 minutes. Deglaze with Marsala and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Squeeze excess milk from bread and place bread in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and mix well, breaking up pieces of bread. Add mushroom mixture, chopped thyme and oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
Corn And Wild Rice Pudding
Veal Roulade With Crabmeat, Mushroom And Spinach Stuffing And Perigourdine Sauce
Stuffed Pheasant Roulade
Warm Porcini Mushroom Flan With Wild Mushroom Confit,truffle Emulsion And Crispy Phyllo Threads
Basic Bread Dough For Stuffed Bread
Wild Mushroom Flan With A Warm Spinach Salad
Savory Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding
Wild Wild Rice
Sweetbreads With Wild Mushrooms