- 1 pound andouille links cut on the bias into 2 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch rings
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch rings
- 1 tablespoon Essence
- 1 cup veal reduction
- 3 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 2 (6-inch) French bread loafs, spilt in half
- 1 cup Kicked up Cole Slaw
- Zapp's Potato Chips
In a hot sauté pan, sear the andouille for 1 minute on each side. Remove the sausage from the pan. Stir in the flour and oil. Cook for 2 minutes for a brown roux. Add the onions, peppers, and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables start to wilt.
Add the andouille. Stir in the veal reduction and Creole mustard. Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are wilted and the sauce is like a gravy. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide the smothered andouille between the two split loaves. Mound each sandwich with the slaw . Serve with Zaps and Omar Pies.