- 1 pound andouille sausage links, cut on the bias into 2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch rings
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch rings
- 1 tablespoon Essence
- 1 cup veal reduction
- 3 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 2 (6-inch) French bread loafs, spilt in half
- 1 cup Kicked up Cole Slaw 
- Zapp's Potato Chips
In a hot sauté pan, sear the andouille for 1 minute on each side. Remove the sausage from the pan. Stir in the flour and oil and cook, stirring constantly, until a brown roux is formed, about 2 minutes.
Add the onions, peppers, and garlic and cook, stirring, until the vegetables begin to wilt, 2 to 3 minutes.
Return the andouille to the pan and stir in the veal reduction and Creole mustard. Bring the liquid up to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are wilted and the sauce is like a gravy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Divide the smothered andouille between the two split loaves. Mound each sandwich with the slaw . Serve with Zapps.