- 2 (3-pound) slabs country-style pork ribs, sliced into individual ribs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups Steen's pure cane syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Scallions (green parts only), thinly sliced on the bias, for garnish
- Put the ribs in a very large soup pot or kettle. Add the salt and enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil and let boil for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together in a medium-size mixing bowl, blending well. Put the ribs in a large, deep braising pan or roasting pan and pour half of the marinade over them. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, turning the ribs in the marinade every hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover with foil and cook, basting with the reserved marinade and turning the ribs every 15 minutes, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the pan. Divide among 6 plates and garnish with sliced scallions.
Steen's Cane Syrup Glazed Ham
Steen's Cane Syrup Shoofly Pie
Apple Fritters With Steen's Cane Syrup
Caramelized Roasted Skillet Pork Chops With A Steen's Marinade
Roast Pork Loin With Rosemary
Café Au Lait Crème Brûlée with Cane Syrup Cake
Braised Pork Ribs And Andouille
Pecan Waffles With Pecan And Banana Syrup
Blueberry Simple Syrup
Poached Pears With Port Syrup And Blue Cheese