- 2 (3-pound) slabs country-style pork ribs, sliced into individual ribs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups Steen's pure cane syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Scallions (green parts only), thinly sliced on the bias, for garnish
- Put the ribs in a very large soup pot or kettle. Add the salt and enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil and let boil for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together in a medium-size mixing bowl, blending well. Put the ribs in a large, deep braising pan or roasting pan and pour half of the marinade over them. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, turning the ribs in the marinade every hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover with foil and cook, basting with the reserved marinade and turning the ribs every 15 minutes, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the pan. Divide among 6 plates and garnish with sliced scallions.