- 2 sticks butter, (8 ounces) at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 3 medium oranges, zested
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectionersí sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 ounces sliced almonds, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease 24 (1/2 cup) mini bundt pans. (2 pans of 12 mini bundt tins). In an electric mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the butter and sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Add the eggs and yolks, 1 at a time, and continue to beat until incorporated. Add the orange zest and vanilla. Add the flour and salt, 1/2 cup at a time until the batter is smooth. Spoon 1/3 cup of the batter into the prepared pans. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the top of the cakes dome and are slightly golden. Remove from the oven and cool slightly. Unmold the cakes onto wire racks.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and orange juice together. Whisk until smooth. Place the wire racks over a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Drizzle the glaze over each cake. Sprinkle the top of each cake with the almonds. Cool the cakes to room temperature. Place the cakes on a serving platter and serve.
Oranges With Red Wine Syrup And Orange Pound Cake
Orange Petite Fours With An Almond Pastry Cream And A Fresh Orange Glaze
Orange Pound Cake
Fresh Florida Orange Cake With Toasted Almond Ice Cream And Strawberry Compote
Lemon Pound Cake With Lemon Curd
Pound Cake With Ice Cream And Sauteed Bananas And Ginger Syrup
Lemon Mousse Cakes
Glazed Lemon Pound Cake
Chocolate Pound Cake And Peanut Butter And Chocolate Praline Ice Cream Sandwiches
Lemon Rosemary Pound Cake