- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 3/4 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with the butter and set aside. Place the cream in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add the salt and pepper, and stir well. Add the potatoes, adding more cream, if necessary, to completely cover the potatoes. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer until the potatoes are barely fork tender, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- With a large spoon, transfer 1/3 of the potatoes with some of the cream to the prepared dish, forming an even layer on the bottom. Top with 1/3 of the cheese, and continue layering the potatoes and cheese, ending with cheese on top. Place on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Delmonico's Dry Aged Sirloin Steaks With Homemade Worcestershire Sauce, Scalloped Potatoes And Creamed Spinach
Broccoli And Cauliflower Au Gratin
Seared Scallops With Savoy Cabbage, Fingerling Potatoes, Pink Ladies, And Sultanas
Classic Lyonnaise Potatoes
Foies Gras And Pumpkin Pudding
Scalloped Potatoes And Onions
Andouille Mashed Potatoes
Cilantro Potato Salad