- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks, white portion only, sliced 1/4-inch wide and 3-inches long
- 6 rainbow carrots, peeled and shaved into 3-inch long portions
- 3 rainbow radishes, thinly sliced into rounds on a mandolin
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 cup snow peas, blanched and julienned
- 3/4 cup blanched and peeled fava beans
- 2 teaspoons each chopped tarragon, basil, chives, parsley
In a large, high-sided saute pan over medium-low heat melt the butter. Add the leeks and cook until wilted , about 3 minutes. Add the carrots, radishes and chicken stock and season with salt and pepper. Increase the heat to medium and simmer the vegetables until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes longer. Add the snow peas, fava beans, and herbs and cook until just warmed through, about another minute.
Toss all the vegetables to coat and serve immediately.