- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups assorted fresh wild mushrooms, such as chanterelles, maitaike, royal trumpet or whatever is available, stems removed and caps thickly sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup finely minced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspons chopped parsley
- 4 cup baby spring lettuces, such as arugula, red oak and frisee
Preheat the oven to 425º F.
In a large mixing bowl toss the mushrooms with the olive oil and thyme, season with salt and pepper and transfer to a baking sheet. Roast the mushroom in the oven, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until they begin to turn golden brown.
In a medium-size saute pan, over medium-low heat render the bacon until crisp. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook until the onions have wilted, about 6 minutes. Add the vinegar and mustard and whisk well. Transfer the vinaigrette and the bacon to a large bowl. Add the mushrooms and baby lettuces and toss well.
Divide the salad equally between 4 plates and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve warm.
Fiddlehead Ferns and Wild Mushroom Ragout
Sweet Pea Pannacotta With Wild Mushrooms and Asparagus
Salad of New Potatoes and Roasted Walnuts with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
Spring Pea Soup With Smoked Bacon And Pea Shoots
Sauteed Ramps With Apple-smoked Bacon
Wild Mushroom Ragout Crostini
Pear, Endive, and Arugula Salad with Stilton and Pear Vinaigrette
Beet and Feta Salad with Honey-Herb Vinaigrette and Pistachios
Warm Greens With Emeril's Herb Vinaigrette
Turkey, Mushroom and Bacon Panini