- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1 ½ cups julienned carrots
- 1 ½ cups 1-inch pieces of asparagus, cut on the diagonal
- 2 cups rice vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 racks of lamb, cut into individual chops
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Creole or other whole-grain mustard, for serving
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a 4-quart nonreactive heatproof bowl.
In a large nonreactive saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients and heat until the sugar is dissolved and the liquid comes to a boil.
Remove the pickling liquid from the heat and pour the hot liquid over the vegetables and set aside until cool. Pickled vegetables may be refrigerated until ready to serve, up to one week in advance. You should have about 2 quarts of chow chow.
When you are ready to grill the lamb, preheat a grill to medium-high.
Season the chops with kosher salt & black pepper on both sides and grill the chops to your liking, 2 to 3 minutes for medium-rare.
Serve the chops with a small dish of Creole mustard and garnish the plate with some of the chow chow.
Marinated and Grilled London Broil with Emeril's Homemade Steak Sauce
Grilled Sausages with Homemade Mustard
Smoked Sausage Sandwiches with Beer-Braised Onions
Kicked-Up Grilled Ham and Cheese with a Warm Roasted Tomato Salad
Double Chili Cheeseburger with Griddled Onions
Backyard Barbecued Chicken with Homemade BBQ Sauce
Wild Mushroom Smothered Steaks
Dad's Meat Loaf
Oven-Barbecued Baby Back Ribs
Grilled Chicken Thighs with Brazilian “Vinaigrette” Salsa