- 4 1/2 pounds beef brisket, trimmed and quartered
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- One 12-ounce bottle lager beer
- 1 cup your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- Slider buns, for serving
- Classic Coleslaw or your favorite coleslaw, for serving
- Place the brisket in a large bowl, add the Worcestershire sauce, paprika, mustard, chili powder, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and toss. Let the brisket marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- When ready to cook, season the beef with the salt.
- Set a 6-quart pressure cooker to the “browning” program. When it is hot, add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and brown the beef in batches. As it is browned, transfer the beef to a baking sheet and set aside.
- When all the brisket is browned, add the onion and garlic to the pressure cooker and cook for 6 minutes, or until the onion is soft and slightly translucent. Return the beef to the pressure cooker and add the beer, barbecue sauce, and brown sugar. Close and lock the lid, and set to “high pressure” for 1 1/2 hours.
- Open the pressure release valve, allow the steam to escape, and carefully unlock and open the lid. Transfer the beef to a baking sheet, and when it is cool enough to handle, thinly slice it across the grain.
- Set the pressure cooker to the “simmer” program. Return the beef and any accumulated juices to the cooker and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve the brisket on slider buns, topped with the coleslaw.
- The brisket can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Curried Pumpkin Soup
Navy Bean And Chicken Chili
Quick Osso Buco
Boudin Balls with Creole Mustard Dipping Sauce
Rustic Tomato Soup With Basil Oil And Croustades
Roast Veal Brisket With Marsala Mushroom Sauce
Barbecued Beef Brisket
Blackened Red Fish With Emeril’s Quick Cabbage And Lemon Butter
Creole Mustard Dipping Sauce
Natchitoches Meat Pies